Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Choose the New Windbreaker Logo!

Here's your chance to help determine the new look of the Windbreaker. In an effort to make the logo not so...terrible...I've worked up some better options. Thanks for the everyone's opinion who helped narrow the choices down this far! If your choice didn't make it, I'm sorry, but I went with majority.

Below you will see the choices and a poll. Each large logo option has one or two smaller choices for things like Twitter, where a smaller icon is needed. For the choices with an A/B option, both of them will be added up (so the total for option 1 will include 1:A and 1:B) to choose the winning large logo and then the associated A/B option with the most votes will also be chosen as the icon. I wanted to pair them up to give a more consistent look between the two. I'll leave voting open until Saturday morning.























Final Results:
1:A - 11
1:B - 7
2:A - 22
3:A - 4
3:B - 1
4:A - 5
4:B - 0

3 comments:

  1. lol keeping me from voting more then once.. damnit


    If 1A doesnt win im gonna punch babies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on the way you're counting the votes, it almost impossible [or at least, the count is very unfair -- because it basically needs at least twice as many votes as any one of the other choices] for 2 to win [unless a TON of people vote for it], because it only has an A. So, you wouldn't be adding any scores together for that one. To make your vote counting more fair/consistent/standardized, you should take the average of the A and B votes for 1, 3, and 4. [I'm honestly not saying this because of how I voted; I thought of this as soon as I read your explanation, before I even really thought of which one to vote for...and none of the designs are mine or anyone's I know, so I have no bias.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not really, I think I just didn't explain it very well. Your main vote goes for the large logo and people only get one vote. So whether that be a 1:A or 1:B or just 2:A, it still counts as one vote. If I average A and B, it's cutting the number of votes for 1,3,4 in half. So if you look at it right now, there are 10 total votes for 1, 16 votes for 2, 3 votes for 3, and 2 votes for 4. So it's pretty clear, at least at this point, that it's not impossible for #2 to win.

    ReplyDelete