Tuesday, August 25, 2009

JMU.edu Website Redesign: Round 2

On August 14th, I posted an article asking for critiques of the redesigned JMU.edu site. I got six great, detailed responses of what people thought. JMU has responded to the feedback from everyone and has made some revisions to the website. Are you satisfied with what has been done? Do they need to make more edits? The readability has greatly increased thanks to the purple type, but was there anything else you wanted to see done? I personally miss the emphasis on 'Be the change', but that's just because I loved the idea in general.

3 comments:

  1. I'd say it's a big step in the right direction. Not a fan of the light purple on purple header text. There is a strange contrast between the gold navbar on top and everything else being purple. I know this sounds like complaining that they added purple but it's not, it's just the way it was done. I still feel like there's something missing from the background whether it's a color or a picture or something. Maybe version 3.0 will do it!

    (cough pass the web redesign memo to jmusports cough cough)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jared. I agree completely, it kind of threw me off the first time I scrolled down and saw the purple bar. I think it'd be better if they just did purple text on a gold bar...go with the contrast. And I wish we could do something about JMUSports, but unfortunately that's done by an outside agency and JMU doesn't have as much control over that. Believe me, I've asked about getting that changed before.

    ReplyDelete