Saturday, August 22, 2009

JMU 1787 2k9

Starting Tuesday afternoon, thousands of freshmen and transfer students have descended on campus for a week of getting to know the campus and each other through lots of fun and informative events. A full report on 1787 Orientation will be posted sometime next week. A quick thank you to all people involved with this, as it's a ton of work and is very important to the university. It also got us ranked in the recent U.S. News and World Report for having one of the best orientation experiences in the nation. I was able to stop by the first rotation for Quad Fest on Thursday and the Pep Rally last night and wanted to put up the photos. I've also started using an account dedicated to Windbreaker photos instead of just using my personal account and I'll be repopulating that with all my old JMU sports and events photos from the past couple years. Check back in a few days for the full report.









2 comments:

  1. Drew,

    I'm certain you know the Zone has been down for over a week. I think most JMU fans have been wanting our own board for some time and this may have given us the reason to finally create it.

    I also post on ChampionshipSubdivision.com, and the guy who runs it, Chris, has agreed to help us out, depending on the interest of JMU fans. I don't know if this is the right spot to ask in, but I'm guessing you're pretty well connected with most of the zoners. Could I ask you to gauge their interest then contact me on CS (DukeJack?).

    Thanks,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete